April 14, 2020 Update:
- Daily live-stream workshop for middle and high school dancers from Monday April 20 - Friday April 24th at 4:00- 4:45 p.m., and Saturday April 25th at 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Our Company dancers are getting really good at teaching live-stream style! Let's keep your dancers engaged and inspired.
- Middle/high school dancer(s) can participate one day, a couple of days, or all six days - whatever works with their schedule. The classes are free of charge, however, they have to register to receive the link.
- This workshop is where students can participate by Webex meeting, while they are staying home, and staying safe.
- Please recommend that your students sign up by emailing Ai Fujii Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org 1) Their full name, 2)School Name, 3) Event name: Y.A.I.M. Live-Stream Workshop 4/20-25. Once they are on the RSVP list, we will send them the link and password to the workshop.
NEW Live-Stream Classes for Classroom Teachers and Middle School/High School Dance Companies (Customize-able!) (FREE of charge)
Moving forward with our experience teaching the live-stream classes for the last 4 weeks,
we would like to offer live-stream sessions for classroom teachers and dance educators from any public or charter school in Utah. The specific date, time, and content can be discussed and determined based on each classroom’s particular needs.
To arrange a Live-Stream Lesson(s) with us, please contact Ai Fujii Nelson at email@example.com
Ongoing Live-Stream Classes for the community (Monday - Friday)(FREE of charge)
To register for the 5:30 Adult Dancer Class: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMqfuGtrzMrCTLKUVdH1Psrox1C8WdpQQ
It requires name, email, and zip code. Once you register, the host has to manually approve the registrants and then you are registered for the whole week.
- Online Lessons and Activities.
- We have uploaded a ton of reading materials for middle and high school level dancers - mostly Study Guides from our past student matinee and previews. There are a lot of information about established and emerging contemporary choreographers and dancers! Some of them include lesson prompts. Feel free to modify to fit your lesson agenda.
- We have also added some videos for senior citizens/older dancers. They are the Minding Motion For Graceful Aging™ online dances, a series of seated movement sequences for seniors and older adults to maintain overall health and wellbeing. Ririe-Woodbury Outreach Director and Minding Motion Co-founder Juan Carlos Claudio will guide you through a series of gentle 2-4 minute movement sequences that incorporate coordination, range of motion, fine, and gross motor functioning from the comfort of your home. These short dances can be done in a chair, standing behind a chair or standing. Please share with your loved ones and anybody who might enjoy these resources.
"We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams."
Secondary Dance is a fine arts credit state wide. Programs vary from school to school and are based on school needs and facilities. For more specific information click on the link below:
Major Event Form